1.23.2014

Walter Mitty


I watched Walter Mitty on Tuesday and since then I haven't been able to shake this inexplicable desire to get on a plane and go somewhere else. I love being home, I'm not particularly fond of California, but I love home and i just need something new.

When I was living in hawaii, I was on a plane every 3 months, and even though that was annoying and exhausting, I loved it. I loved being an expert at whole boarding a plane process. I loved being on a plane. I loved coming home and seeing the San Francisco lights and knowing my family was waiting for me down there. I loved going back home and seeing the beautiful island from my plane window and knowing that I'd be back where I belonged, where I fit in, where I was on my own. 

I miss traveling. 

So I made a goal, to never give up an opportunity for adventure. It might not be to realistic right now as I am working and saving, but I will do it, I'm going to travel and learn new things. I don't want to be one of those people who never leave their comfort zone and are so ignorant to the outside world. There's so much adventure out there. If you haven't seen the movie, just go watch it. It made me feel really happy and inspired and I can't shake the feeling that I need to discover new places. 

1 comment:

  1. walter mitty did that exact same thing to me! i reallllllly want to go to iceland now haha

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...