4.23.2013

Four Years and Eight Months

Joey and I have this neat tradition of celebrating each of our monthly anniversaries (We have been bf and gf since August 23, 2008). We would always give each other cards at every month to commemorate another month together. I can't even remember how it got started, but I remember feeling bad when he got me a card for our first month anniversary and I didn't get him anything, after that, we just kinda of kept going.

He left for his mission on September 19, 2012 which was five days before our four year and one month anniversary, so all the cards stopped at our four year anniversary. Imagine that. I have four years worth of monthly anniversary cards somewhere in a box. Not to count the birthday and holiday cards. The point is, that I really miss having someone to celebrate our monthly anniversaries with. And since I don't expect Joey to celebrate them because he is supposed to be focusing on other things, I decided to post about it here! Yay!

A little over a year ago I begged Joey to come visit me in Hawaii. We thought it was going to be the last time we saw each other before he left on his mission so he committed to the trip and came to visit me for a little over a week. It was the most fun I've had. My favorite part is that he took me to the BYUH Winter Ball which was being held while he was in town. It was my first time going, and I was so excited I got to show off my super cute boyfriend! (There were seriously some people that didn't believe this guy existed lol). Anyway, we had tons of fun dancing and hanging out with my friends.

We also got to do some other fun stuff during his stay on the island. (He was lucky enough to come during a week when we barely had any class due to holidays and such). Like go to the beach in Honolulu and I can't even remember half the stuff we did. I just showed him around the island and took him to all the neat places I was familiar with as a Hawaii resident. We seriously had the most fun ever! And I can't wait to have more adventures when he comes back :)

So, Happy four year and eight month anniversary to us! :)


Now go listen to this song by my favorite band (I have 2 btw). It makes me think of Joe, but I'm not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...