4.15.2013

Bow Pencil Skirt

I am a big fan of pencil skirts. I just like the way they fit and the way they make me feel like a grown up. So a while back I ran into Gertie's Blog and I found this cool pencil skirt

I'd never actually tried to make a pencil skirt before. The thought of it not fitting right, kind of scared me. But I went ahead and gave it a try. This is what I came up with:


I made it without a pattern. I just measured one of my pencil skirts on some fabric and then I cut it out and sewed (is that the right word?). I had to alter the waist a few times but it came out super cute! I love how it looks, and I think I did a good job at imitating Gertie's skirt. 

Here are some more mirror pictures of the skirt that make me look bloated. Hope you like my little creation! and if you want to give it a try, I later found a sweet tutorial on Cotton&Curls (of course) that helps you make an easy pencil skirt. Here's the link.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...