3.12.2013

Tutorial: make your own hand warmers!

I had been looking for package ideas and I came across a neat idea! It's going to be winter in Argentina soon (and even though I don't know how cold the winters in Argentina are...) I decided to make some neat little hand warmers for my missionary's pockets! They are so cute!

So here is what you will need:
1. Fabric such as fleece or whatever scraps you have laying around.
2. Paper
3. Rice
4. A sewing machine
5. Scissors





1. You cut out your design on paper: I cut out some cute little mittens and a heart!
2. Then you trace the paper shape over some fabric and you cut that out. You will need two shape cutouts
3. Then you place the fabric, wrong sides together and you sew it along. Make sure to leave a small opening to insert the rice.
4. And then your make a paper cone and insert rice.
5. Sew together the hole and now you have this....







Aren't they so cute? I think he will love it :)
Just pop them in the microwave for 30 secs - 1 min and you have warm hands for up to 30 mins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...