3.06.2013

Tutorial: Chalkboard Frame

Have you ever seen those really cool family home evening boards they sell at LDS bookstores? Well for the longest time we didn't have a family home evening board and my mom and I always said we'd go back and buy one someday, but we never really got around to it.

So I decided to make one! You can pretty much do the same thing for any type of chalkboard frame.
All you need is:

  • An Old Frame
  • Chalk Paint (You can find it at Walmart for less than $6). I used spray paint.
  • Paint of any color (if you want to change the color of the frame)


It's really easy to make. All you do is spray paint the glass of the frame (I did like 3 coats of paint) and then you just wait for it to dry and then you have a chalkboard frame! If you want, you can paint the frame a different color. But I liked the color of this one so I didn't change the color. It does take forever to dry, so try to be patient.

Here's the finished product:



Mine is in Spanish because, well, we speak Spanish in our house (being from Peru and all). It didn't turn out as awesome as others I have seen, but it's pretty useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...