3.20.2013

Handmade Ties for Elder Ireland



I've posted before about the Tie A Month project I had for myself when Elder Ireland left for his mission. Ever since he left (September) I have been sending him handmade ties made by yours truly. I love the little tradition I started and I love that every month he has something to look forward to. (I'm also selling ties, if you're interested)


Anyway, here are the ties for these upcoming months. I always like to embroider a little heart on the backs commemorating the month they are meant for:  



I love the colors of the May tie. The colors are a bit darker, because its autumn in Argentina and I wanted something nice that went along with the season. 



The June tie I made with my sweet Peruvian fabric (see previous project here). June is the month of my birthday so I thought, "hey, I'm Peruvian. This fabric is Peruvian. I'll make him a tie that's...me!" Pretty silly, but I think he will love it.



Finally, the July tie is red and blue to commemorate the 4th of July. Joey and I always love watching the fireworks and I'm sure he's going to miss that all the way in Argentina. 





What do you think? :)



2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! You are saving my life right now haha. I will be placing an order as soon as the money starts flowing in. ;) Thank you for all the phenomenal ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...