3.21.2013

Ethnic Clutch (and 6 months down!)

Lately, I've been going a little Ethnic (Peruvian) fabric crazy. Mostly due to the fact that I've had a bunch of this fabric for a while now and I haven't found anything to do with it (my mom actually made me a pollera). So I got really excited when I stumbled upon Swellmayde's tutorial.

If you haven't noticed, I find a lot of my inspiration from other blogs. I really suck at making tutorials, so any time I actually do something by myself without anyone else's tutorials, I just can't find a way to explain how I made it. I hope this doesn't sound prideful...but with the little experience in sewing I have, I'm darn good at looking at a picture and figuring out how to make it all by myself. No pattern or anything. I guess I have a gift for that? Well anyways, here is what I made with my beautiful Peruvian fabric:





I guess I could have picked something nicer to wear, but I took these on Sunday, and Sundays are my lazy days.




I decided to go without a button, just because I haven't found the right one. I think I like it better without the button though. It's simple and I love it.







Also, it has officially been 6 months since my boyfriend, Elder Ireland, has been out on the mission field. If you don't know, my boyfriend is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints (yes, I'm a Mormon) in Mendoza, Argentina. He will be gone for a total of 2 years, and I'm just so excited that we only have 18 months left. I miss him, but I know what he is doing is awesome. I admire him for his dedication and love to the Gospel. Seriously though, Joey is the best.


Here are some pictures he recently sent me from his adventures in Argentina.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...