3.29.2013

A Post About Something Other than Sewing


Sometimes I feel like a blog too much about the things I make. What if I run out of ideas? Then what will become of my little blog? But for some reason, I just don't like talking about myself. I can talk about my awesome brothers, my dog, or my missionary. I could make this a sewing/missionary girlfriend blog but there are already so many of those and I am probably not fitted to advice anyone on how to survive the 2 years without their boyfriend. 

Here's a pic of my family the day the littlest Agurto got baptized

Joey and I before BYUH's winter ball (he came all the way to Hawaii to visit!)



So what do I talk about that's not sewing related? My adventures? Well I have none. I'm just a college grad trying to figure out what to do next. I'm at home and all of my high school friends still haven't graduated college (geez guys! Hurry up! Jk).

But really though, I could just write about my dog. He's adorable. I probably like my dog more than I like most people. 

Say hello to Jake.




I thank those 10 people who look at my blog and who let me share what I love to do with them. Seriously, thank you. 

While I'm taking about me, let me give you some fun facts about myself!
  • Let me state the obvious first: I love to sew. My sewing machine (my mom's sewing machine) is my happy place. 
  • I'm a total DIYer. I want a big craft/sewing room when I get my own house. 
  • I love to journal (I'm such a Mormon)
  • I love to run (but my knees are constantly messing up which doesn't allow me to run much, which I absolutely HATE! Ugh, I hate you knees.)
  • I'm really passionate about everything I do. If I do something, then I'll love it and I will give it my all.
  • I love being Peruvian. Period.
Translation: I didn't choose to be born in Peru, I was simply very lucky. :)

  • I'm a political junky, though I've calmed down. I majored in political science, you see. So it's something I love. I even was the president of a political club at BYUH. I'm so cool.
  • I love shoes. But only if they are heels. Otherwise, I hate shoes. I will rather wear my slippers (sandals) every single day of my life than try to restrict my little toes in sneakers and what not.
  • I want to move to DC so bad. Political capital of America right? Also, the actual capital. Just in case you were wondering.
  • I'm really hoping that by the time I get married, Heavenly Father will bless me with the desire to have kids. Because right now, all I want is a house full of dogs.
  • I love animals so freaking much. I can't even handle it. Especially dogs. ESPECIALLY my dog. I probably like animals more than I like humans.
He will only let you dress him up if you tell him how cute he is. How cute is he?!

  • I love PSYCH! I mean, have you seen the show? It's genius! Along with that, pineapples are my favorite fruit. You know that's right.
Made these special for the recent season premier. 

  • I have a weird sense of humor. It's hard to tell I'm joking if you don't know me. But once you get to know me, I am so funny! Just ask my roommate.
  • I can't even handle my hair. I don't know what to do with it. It's usually down and frizzy. But I've learned to love it.
  • I try so hard to be vintage-y. But my budget will not allow me to follow my vintage dreams.
  • I think my roommate and I went shopping every weekend during college. I knew the inside of the Waikiki Forever 21 like the back of my hand. The one in Ala Moana was so lame, we didn't even bother to go there.
  • I used to be a math junkie in high school. Now ask me how much is 2 plus 2. 5? I'm so embarrassed.
  • I hate pants (again, ask my roommate).
  • I'm a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm a Christian. I love the Gospel and everything about it.
  • My little brothers are my life. They are perfect in my eyes, and they are the smartest little boys ever (15 and 10, not so little anymore).
Look at us being all sibling like! I love these kids :) 

  • Everyday I am more and more like my mom and I couldn't be prouder. I hope I'm an awesome mother like her some day.
My mom is so pretty! I love her! 

  • My awesome boyfriends name is Joey. I love love that guy. He is serving a mission and he is def worth the wait. We have been together for almost 5 years and it really has been perfect. I can't wait to one day be sealed to him for time and all eternity. It is what I want most in the world. Maybe I'll do one MG post. But later. 
Look at him being all missionary like, I'm so proud! 


This is me, kinda. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...